What have you found most interesting about the Mughal Empire? What questions do you have? Post your thoughts and comments here. Feel free to reply to your classmates comments and questions
I think the Mughal Empire was very diversed in the idea of their leaders. Some were tolerant of other religions and some just closed off the Mughal empire for just Muslims. True there is the Taj Mahal but that was built by an intolerant leader. I think it is interesting how it has progressed over time.
That most of their leaders were tolerant of other religions, and how there military was so good they took over two-thirds of south asia -Matt Papalambros
Yes, I agree with Jacob. It's really interesting that such a beautiful, amazing building can be built by such a mean, intolerant man. The Taj Mahal really is amazing. The common theme is do see in their leaders, though, is that most were good military leaders. That's how the empire got soo big. I mean, 2/3 of south asia!
The most interesting thing i learned was how the sibling of the king would kill each other. They would compete with their brothers, sisters, mother, and their father for they kingdom. One question i have is wouldn't they go to prison for doing that?
i thought that it was kind of scary when they kill they eachother like their brother and sister. one question that i have Why would they kill eachother? by nia depina
I think alcoholism runs in the family. More than one ruler was an alcoholic. Which i thought was weird because if you are muslim you can't drink alcohol. Paul corcoran
I think that the best leader of the Mughal empire was akbar. This is because he was liked by so many of the people he ruled, and was tolerant of other religions. Also, i sm impressed that he could be such a successful leader, when he started at only 13 years old.
The first thing that I found interesting was how Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal in loving memory fo his wife. Also, I thought that when his wife was dying one of the promises he made to her was that he would build the Taj Mahal was interesting as well. The last thing I found interesting was that it is that how siblings killed each other to be the emperor and imprisoned their father for the power.
I think the most interseting thing I learned is that the Mughal Empire has plenty of riches and diversity through out the whole empire. I also think that how powerful the kingdom is interesting. There were many wars and that empire won a bunch of them.
I agree with Alain, most siblings dont actually want to kill eachother. Brothers and sisters fight, but they dont kill eachother just to control the empire.
well what i have most intresting about the mughal empire is that Aurangzeb made rules that were a little bad like trying women to wear head scarves in public. That got me saying why would he do that? Any questions?
I agree with paul when he said that it is weird that alchahol was a problem for these rulers because drinking alcahol was prohibited. Also what alain said about how siblings killed eachother
I agree with Alain. Why wouldn't they go to prison for murder. It is weird though how they killed each other and didb't feel any guilt about killing their brother or sister.
I agree with Paul. Why did the Muslim rulers who were supposed to be strict muslim yet they still drank alcohol. I find this very ironic in the Mughal Empire.
what i have most interesting about the mughal empire is that they used elephants to stomp on people. why cant they use a more faster and dangerous animal? out of all the animals why elephant? they could of gotten a lion. -brandt adley
To answer Brandt's question: Maybe the reason why the Mongols used elephants to stomp on people was because they had such a large number of elephants in India, so they used that to their advantage.
I thought that maybe some of the reasons why when the emperors of Babur and Akbar (for example) ruled the Mughal Empire, they were so successful was because they had such religious tolerance and they wanted to embrace all the other religious groups that were in their ruling.
I liked how Akbar was very open-minded about other religions and traditions. The marriage between him and the Hindu princess made a strong alliance between 2 rival nations and helped them rule the land. The relationship between the Mughals and the Rajputs brought 2 different religions and cultures together, which I thought was very interesting.
I agree with Siena's answer to Brandt's question as to why elephants were used to stomp on people. I also think that elephants were very common in India. But I also think, based on their weight and size, that they were effective in battle between rivals and that was another reason why they were used to stomp on people.
I agree with Caitlin. The Mughal empire was very diverse, especially when they made alliances with the Rajputs and had both religions getting along with one another.
why does the family kill each other just to be king or queen. why do they want to be king or queen so bad that they have to kill there family or put them in prison?
I agree with lyndas response to leroy. and after they kill there father or siblings they should be put into prison and not be allowed to rule. Paul Corcoran
I agree with Maja about the elephants. i think that since there were a lot of them and they were heavy and big they were good animals to use in battle.
I think the mughal empire was a great empire with many great leaders. The tolerant leaders made the empire strive but the non tolerant leaders didnt do good. I thinks its surprising that leaders that were intolerant let the empire fall because they were greedy.
I think the Mughal Empire was very diversed in the idea of their leaders. Some were tolerant of other religions and some just closed off the Mughal empire for just Muslims. True there is the Taj Mahal but that was built by an intolerant leader. I think it is interesting how it has progressed over time.
ReplyDelete-Jacob Savona
Some of their leaders were tolerant, but otheres weren't. I can't believe they had a special tax for non-believers!-jack c.
ReplyDeleteThat most of their leaders were tolerant of other religions, and how there military was so good they took over two-thirds of south asia
ReplyDelete-Matt Papalambros
Yes, I agree with Jacob. It's really interesting that such a beautiful, amazing building can be built by such a mean, intolerant man. The Taj Mahal really is amazing. The common theme is do see in their leaders, though, is that most were good military leaders. That's how the empire got soo big. I mean, 2/3 of south asia!
ReplyDeleteI think that the leaders that were tolerant of other religions were better at their job. Than those who were not tolerant of other religions.
ReplyDeleteThe most interesting thing i learned was how the sibling of the king would kill each other. They would compete with their brothers, sisters, mother, and their father for they kingdom. One question i have is wouldn't they go to prison for doing that?
ReplyDeletei thought that it was kind of scary when they kill they eachother like their brother and sister. one question that i have Why would they kill eachother? by nia depina
ReplyDeleteI think alcoholism runs in the family. More than one ruler was an alcoholic. Which i thought was weird because if you are muslim you can't drink alcohol.
ReplyDeletePaul corcoran
I agree with Alian how its intersting that siblings would kill each other for control of the empire
ReplyDelete-Matt Papalambros
I think that the best leader of the Mughal empire was akbar. This is because he was liked by so many of the people he ruled, and was tolerant of other religions. Also, i sm impressed that he could be such a successful leader, when he started at only 13 years old.
ReplyDeleteJack, when you say non-believers, what do you mean? Are you talking about the people who wouldnt convert their religion?
ReplyDeleteThe first thing that I found interesting was how Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal in loving memory fo his wife. Also, I thought that when his wife was dying one of the promises he made to her was that he would build the Taj Mahal was interesting as well. The last thing I found interesting was that it is that how siblings killed each other to be the emperor and imprisoned their father for the power.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteKate, I also think Akbar was the best leader because he seemed like he was the nicest ruler and everyone liked him.
ReplyDeleteI agree with kate, thirteen is a very young age to run a empire and be successful.He must of got great advice from leaders wiser them.
ReplyDeleteLynda, i agree with what you said because the emperors were were tolerent of other religions must have been liked the best.
ReplyDeleteI think the most interseting thing I learned is that the Mughal Empire has plenty of riches and diversity through out the whole empire. I also think that how powerful the kingdom is interesting. There were many wars and that empire won a bunch of them.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Alain, most siblings dont actually want to kill eachother. Brothers and sisters fight, but they dont kill eachother just to control the empire.
ReplyDeleteDelia,I didn't know he made that promise to his wife.I'll have to remember that.
ReplyDeletewell what i have most intresting about the mughal empire is that Aurangzeb made rules that were a little bad like trying women to wear head scarves in public. That got me saying why would he do that? Any questions?
ReplyDeleteBy Josh E jones
I agree with paul when he said that it is weird that alchahol was a problem for these rulers because drinking alcahol was prohibited. Also what alain said about how siblings killed eachother
ReplyDeleteI agree with Alain. Why wouldn't they go to prison for murder. It is weird though how they killed each other and didb't feel any guilt about killing their brother or sister.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Paul. Why did the Muslim rulers who were supposed to be strict muslim yet they still drank alcohol. I find this very ironic in the Mughal Empire.
ReplyDeletewhat i have most interesting about the mughal empire is that they used elephants to stomp on people. why cant they use a more faster and dangerous animal? out of all the animals why elephant? they could of gotten a lion.
ReplyDelete-brandt adley
To answer Brandt's question: Maybe the reason why the Mongols used elephants to stomp on people was because they had such a large number of elephants in India, so they used that to their advantage.
ReplyDeleteI thought that maybe some of the reasons why when the emperors of Babur and Akbar (for example) ruled the Mughal Empire, they were so successful was because they had such religious tolerance and they wanted to embrace all the other religious groups that were in their ruling.
I liked how Akbar was very open-minded about other religions and traditions. The marriage between him and the Hindu princess made a strong alliance between 2 rival nations and helped them rule the land. The relationship between the Mughals and the Rajputs brought 2 different religions and cultures together, which I thought was very interesting.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Siena's answer to Brandt's question as to why elephants were used to stomp on people. I also think that elephants were very common in India. But I also think, based on their weight and size, that they were effective in battle between rivals and that was another reason why they were used to stomp on people.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Caitlin. The Mughal empire was very diverse, especially when they made alliances with the Rajputs and had both religions getting along with one another.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Siena about the elephants. I also think that maybe the elephants were so big and powerful that they were used to scare enemies.
ReplyDeletewhy does the family kill each other just to be king or queen. why do they want to be king or queen so bad that they have to kill there family or put them in prison?
ReplyDeleteI agree with Leroy.Family should come first not power.
ReplyDeleteI agree with lyndas response to leroy. and after they kill there father or siblings they should be put into prison and not be allowed to rule.
ReplyDeletePaul Corcoran
I also agree with what leroy said. i think that after they kill someone in their family it is only fair for them to have a punishment also.
ReplyDelete-Kate Mulvey
@ Jack
ReplyDeleteI know right! thats just plain mean
PS LOL posted on the wrong class period twice
I agree with Maja about the elephants. i think that since there were a lot of them and they were heavy and big they were good animals to use in battle.
ReplyDeleteim confused about why the woman would not be able to cook in the kitchen. why exactly is it a forbidden thing for the princesses to cook?
ReplyDelete-Kate Mulvey
I think the mughal empire was a great empire with many great leaders. The tolerant leaders made the empire strive but the non tolerant leaders didnt do good. I thinks its surprising that leaders that were intolerant let the empire fall because they were greedy.
ReplyDeletei also agree with leroy.Even if they are not the emporer they will still be rich.
ReplyDeletei agree with paul because if your the leader than arnt you supposed to be a role .
ReplyDelete