Monday, May 17, 2010

Period G- Great Wall of Mexico

In class, we recently discussed the United States efforts to build a fence along the 2,000 mile border with Mexico. Presently there is 683 miles of fencing in place and plans to continue building the fence. Designed to decrease the amount of people entering the United States illegally, this project is highly controversial. Some believe the fence is needed while others vehemently oppose the building of a fence.

1) Do you agree with the building of a fence along Mexican-U.S. border? Why or Why not?

2)How would you propose to stop people from entering the United States illegally along the Mexican-U.S. border?

6 comments:

  1. I agree with building a fence along the U.S. Mexican border because it would help keep the illegal immigrants out of our country. But, i also disagree because a lot of the illegal immigrants do a lot of the farming in the south.

    I would stop by trying pass a law that if an illegal immigrant gets caught then they should get put on trial for life in prison or just for a long time so that the illegal immigrants get scared

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the fence along the border and with what matt said because it helps with illegal poppulation in America.

    I somewhat really agree with matt about the jail but i would send them to a prison in mexico and have maybe a week of jail time, maybe more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the building of the fence along the Mexican-U.S border because it would stop the immigrants from entering our country illegally.
    Also because when they get here the work for cheap labor which is unfair to them.

    i would propose to set up a camp that would take all the illegal immigrants that entered the U.S to be sent there a week, and the camp would help stop them from coming back illegally.

    i agree with anthony and matt about putting a prison up and scaring them but i disagree that they should be put in there for a life.
    -richie newayno

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with the building of the fence along the Mexican-U.S. border because it helps prevent the overflow of illegal immigrants.

    I think that they should come up with mabey a fine which could be harder for illegal immigrants to pay for if they are caught to help scare off some of they people who come over illegally from mexico.

    I agree with Matt about putting them in jail but the jails could start to get overcrouded which could be a problem. I dont know if rich's plan becasue people might feel like it is like the holocaust with camps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with building the fence along the Mexican-U.S. border, because unfortunately, the U.S. can't help all the immigrants we would like to, because doing so would cause some problems. I feel that this wall is a way to keep immigrants out without physically harming them, and is probably the best option.

    I do agree with Isabelle about coming up with a fine, to scare immigrants from coming into the U.S., but I don't agree with Matt about sending them to jail. The reason why they are trying to come into America is so that they can have a better life for themselves, but also their families. And if they get put in jail, then their families are going to be the ones suffering, so I feel that jail isn't the best option. I also agree with Isabelle that putting illegal immigrants in camps would be a litte too close to the Holocaust and would cause some serious problems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree will Kali because i to think that building a fence is the only way to not harm immigrants. i also agree with isabelle that we should make the illegal immigrants pay fine, to scare the immigrants.

    ReplyDelete