Thursday, June 10, 2010

Period A- Modern Day Slavery

What do you think the United States Government and governments around the world can do to help bring an end to Human Trafficking and Slavery?

What can ordinary people do to help bring an end to Human Trafficking & Slavery?


Comment on both questions in your response. Also, be sure to repond to at least TWO of your classmates posts.

MUST COMPLETE POST and RESPONSE BY SUNDAY JUNE 13

10 comments:

  1. I think that governments around the world and the United States Government should be doing more to stop human trafficking around the world. For example they can start to run some undercover missions to stop the big Gangs in part with the human trafficking. Ordinary people can be more aware of what is happening and that will make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the United States Government and governments around the world can have more security searching the cargo on ships and planes because that's mostly where the trafficked people are hiding. I also agree with John some people should go undercover to stop the big gangs.I also think ordinary people could try to pay more attention to what's happening around them and tell a local police officer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe the United States Government and the governments around the world could do a lot more to help bring an end to human trafficking and slavery. The governments could make more laws to stop human trafficking and they could make more severe consequences for being caught as a human trafficker. For example, receiving more time in jail.

    I think ordinary people can help bring an end to human trafficking and slavery by maybe founding a charity to raise awareness to modern slavery. If people donate money to poor people around the world, the poor people won't have to try and find a job that results in modern slavery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Think the prostitution in Thailand is awful and that the clients could tell the police.

    I also agree with John about America running undercover missions to end the human trafficking
    in the big gangs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with John and Connor I think there should be cops that go undercover and arrest the men on the spot. If the people aren't losing there posessions then the people should bring protection to the place were there trafficked. Finally, I think countries should have a chrarity for the police so they can track theese people down.-Matt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that governments around the world should send undercover agents around to try and recieve or transport slaves. They could then track the leader of the group and end their business in human trafficking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To end human trafficking, ordinary people cna act as these inside agents but report whatever they hear to proper authorities. They can also listen to their friends and see if they know anything about trafficking because the girl in the video we watched found out about trafficking through a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Aaliyah that authorities should search cargo ships. However, they should also search where the ships deport and drop off the cargo, for leads on where past people are located.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also agree with Connor. However, the prostitutes didnt feel safe going to the police so I think the U.S. should set up safe houses where the girls can flee too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think to stop human trafficking, governments should hire people from the countries where people are being trafficked from, like some South American countries, and see how they get trafficked. Then, they should bust whoever they catch running the trafficking scheme.

    Response to Caillinn- I agree and don't think the laws are harsh enough for people caught trafficking other human beings.

    Response to Aaliyah- I also agree with you. I think if the majority of people being trafficked are on cargo ships, inspecting this ships is a great way to try and prevent human trafficking.

    ReplyDelete