http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9704/09/in.pak/map.lg.jpg
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/kashmir/front.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/355280.stm
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php? storyId=97629323
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php? storyId=97776680
Use CW#48-Jodhaa Akbar, Notes#44-India & Pakistan and the links above to get a deeper understanding of the sources of conflict between India and Pakistan. After doing some background research, complete ALL THREE parts of the Blog.
Part 1-In your opinion, what are the three most significant sources of conflict between India & Pakistan? Why do you think these three are most significant?
Part 2-. Imagine you a world leader who has remained neutral (you do not favor India's position or Pakistan's). How would you attempt to solve the conflicts that exist between India and Pakistan.
Remember you should propose a solution that you think both India and Pakistan would agree to.
Part 3-Respond to at least TWO of your classmates'. Explain why you agree or disagree with them.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There seems to be some issues with Blogger. If having trouble posting to the blog, please type your post and TWO responses into a Word document, print it out and bring it to class tomorrow. You may also email this information to me.
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Mr. Turrisi
india
ReplyDeletePart 1:
ReplyDelete1. I think the biggest reason of conflict between India and Pakistan is the division of India. This is such a bad thing to do because both religons want more land and seperating it just gives more conflict. Also they are living very close on the borders to each other which gives even more conflict.
2. India's treatment of the Muslim population is a clear source of conflict. If you don't treat someone right, don't be expected to be treated very nicley back and this is exactly what is happening in the Muslim/Hindu cities.
3. One more way is Pakistan's involvment in the 2008 attack on Mumbai, India's largest city. Obviosly, iv you attack your enemies land, it's not going to solve anything and that is what happened here.
Part 2:
If I was a world leader, I would attempt to solve India's and Pakistan's troubles by first, telling them to stop with all the attacks on each other. When, and if this is accomplished, you get the leaders in a room together and have them work out a peace treaty. Anything that they feel is unfair goes to court and is settled there.
Part 3:
No one to respond to
7u3weh3wndc0934j
ReplyDeletemy bad i did not mean to send that...
ReplyDelete1:I think the reason why there is a conflict between india and pakistan is 1-both of them want more land but cant have it.2-Another reason is becuase the fought over kashmir.and lastly 3-To let go of the "rebels"
3: In my opinion to solve fighting with pakistan I would let them have the land because "I" dont really need it.
India would obviously agree to this and mabey pakistan wont, but land is not worth fighting for.
I agree with ryan that they should stop attacking each other because there is no point
Part 1:
ReplyDelete1. I think the biggest conflict was when they divided India. I think this because this problem cause other problems that made the conflict even worse.
2.Another big conflict in my opinon is the relation ships with other countries. This caused the conflict to become worse because the countries they made alliances with was the enemy of the other.
3. The treatment of Muslims in India caused lots of problems . One is that it disrespected the people of Pakistan's religon. Also it caused reactions from the Muslims aganist the Indians.
Part 2:
If I were a world leader, I would attempt to solve the problem of Kashmir. To solve this problem I would directly split the land in half and give each country one half. If this was succeed I would try to fix the whole problem.
Part 3:
Ryan, I also agree with you when you say that the divison of India was the biggest problem . I agree because both countries were caused to have close borders which caused great conflict
Alexa, I agree with that a bid reason for the conflict is that both countries want more land. I agree because they both are fighting for Kashmir.
The 3 most complicated conflicts between indians and pakistinians are the battle of kashmir, muslim mistreatment of Hindus, and the division of india. The dividion of india made people be on the wrong side of the land and when there is already religous intolerance people don't need to be possesive about territory as well.
ReplyDeleteSome muslims try hard to convert everybosy to islam thinking and the fight over kashmir emphasizes their drive for a world of muslims.
As proven in the akbar jodhaa video, when people are being mistreated, they fight back and that doesn't allow peace
My ideal idea is everybody back off and let noone have it but i doubt that's realistic so i thought we could split kashmir EVENLY in half, have one side become part of India, the other become part of Pakistan.
ryan, i don't think that idea will work. those people are stubborn and they're thirsty for what they want, they're not gonna stop fighting by sitting in a room and talking it out b/c both believe the land should belong to them. Plus I think somebody have already tried that idea and it didn't work. And are the courts really that fair? I dont know. If it can't be settled amongst themselves i doubt a court will help
Alexa, i think you're right when you say indians and pakistanis want more land, they've been fighting for it for years
Part 1:
ReplyDelete1. One of the biggest sources of conflict between India and Pakistan is the dispute over Kashmir because both countries feel like they have the right to the land and nothing any one says will convince them otherwise so the fighting continues.
2. The Second biggest source of conflict is the division of India into two separate countries because that pretty much started all the other conflicts by making the countires feel completely separate and divided from each other.
3. The final bigeest sources of conflict are India's treatment of its Muslim population and the alleged involvement of Pakistan's secret service in Muslim terrorist attacks in Mumbai. I think these two go hand and hand because when Pakistan sees how India mistreats it's Muslim population, they feel like it is a personal attack on them and get angry and defensive because the people in Pakistan are mostly Muslim. The involvement of Pakistan's secret serivce in the Muslim terroorist attacks in India cause major conflicts because the people in India are angry that Pakitsan did that and won't ever for get that they did.
Part 2:
If I was a world leader I would split the Kashmir province in half and give one half to India and the other to Pakistan so that it would be fair and they couldn't fight over it any more. I would also make the punishment for terrorism extremely severe and make sure that any terrorists are seen as bad instead of heros.
Part 4:
I agree with Ryan that the leaders should sit down in a room togather and sign a peace treaty and that everything should be settled before they leave or in court.
Alexa it would be ideal if the situation could be solved that easily but unfotunately I think it would take more than that for the issue to be solved and both countries probabley woudld'nt beable to agree on who should take the land.
part 1: the biggest sources of conflicty between india and pakistan is the fight over kashmir, mistreatment of hindus, and alliances with other countrys.
ReplyDeletepart 2: If I were a world leader I would probably try to have pakistan and indian rulers to try and peacefuly work it out, if that didnt work I would slpit kashmir so that they can stop fighting over it and share it evenly.
part 3: I agree with ryan that the rulers should sit down and try and peacefully work it out.
kate I also agree that splitting kashmir and giving one side to each may stop the attacks over land because they would have an equal aount.
Part1) The first most important reason why India and Pakistan is Pakistan becoming friends with America. This is so important because we are a very powerful nation. Second most important reason why is the mistreatment of the Muslim people. All people are equal and that is not acceptable at any time. Third and finally in my opinion the most important reason why Pakistan and India are enimes is the battle for Kashmir. This is a true land battle that is more pride than land for each country.
ReplyDeletePart2
Part2)
ReplyDeleteI think that 2 things should happen.
1 a piece treaty should be signed between the two countries.
2 Split te land of Kashmir evenly to each party
Part3)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Meghan f that Kashmir should be split and there should be a talk between the to for peace it would stop war and make piece.
I also agree with Alexa because I think that maybe one person should just try to be te bigger person in the situation ..
ReplyDeletepart one
ReplyDelete1: the differences in religion with the Muslims and Hindus.
2:Kashmir- both India and Pakistan want that area, causing multiple conflicts
3:the splitting of India into India and Pakistan, as now the two sides are given a better reason to attack the other
part two
i would say that i would either make the area of kashmir part of some other country, or i would split the area in two for each side, in order to bring the fighting in that area to a stop, or close enough to one. i would also consider rejoining the two countries, in order to stop the discrimination between the two religions.
part 3
ryan,
i do not agree with your method of peace. the real fighting is going on not directly because of the governments, but because the militants that hate the muslims, and hate the hindus, cross the border without their governments permission, and attack each other.
kate,
i agree with your statement that the terrorists crossing the borders to attack should be severly punished, and the should be seen as they are, not as heros.
Part 1:
ReplyDelete* India is uneay about the growing relationship between U.S and Pakistan in recent years. I think is significant because since India bacame seperated from Pakistan I think India is afraid that Pakistan will bring revenge with U.S support and try to attack Inida.
*India's mistreatment of its Muslim population because I think that would be a bad idea becuase the more the Muslim move to Paskistan the more India's population is going to be reduced and become weaker while Pakistan gets stronger.
*Land and border disputes over the province of Kashmir, especially by the religious extremeits because this remind me of the christians and muslims fighting over the holy land and how even though the religions dont like eachother each has a lot in common.
Part 2:
I would attempt to solve the conflicts by making Paskistan and Muslim sign a peace treaty and if anyone or a group of poeple killed or harmed in anyway anyone who praticed the other religion based on what religion they were in would be punished. Also to end Pakistan secrect service or comprise and tell them to not use anything against India unless they were attcked first. When it comes to the land make the line very clear so that everyone knows and hire people to guard the border to make sure there arent any more conflicts
I agree with Ryan I think leaders should sit down and settle things in a peaceful matter and come up with an conclusion that would make everyone happy.
ReplyDeleteThia, I think you have a pretty good idea but i dont think it would solve anything because not everyone as we all know follows the rules and there would still be some ignorant people that would try to cross the border and cause a disaster.
Part One:
ReplyDeleteThe three most significant sources of conflict are...
1. the differences in religion (India is Hindu and Pakistan is Muslim),
2. the division of the countries,
3.the problem with Kashmir because they can't decide who's it is. All of these cause fights.
Part Two:
If i was a world leader, i would have India and Pakistan stop threatening each other and have them stop attacking one another. Then i would have a confrence with the two of them and come up with a resolution.
Part Three:
Ryan,
I agree with you that they should stop attacking each other because there is no point because the other country will just come right back at you so there is no point.
Kate,
I also agree with you that if i was a world leader i would split the Kashmir province and have and give half to India and the other half to Pakistan.
part one:
ReplyDelete1.The differences within the religions Muslim and Hindus.
2.Disrespect to the people of Pakistan's religion .Caused reactions from the Muslims against the Indians.
3.I also think alliances with other countries cause conflict.
Part two:
If I were a world leader I wouldn't do anything because they are not 2. they can solve there issues themselves.
Andrew,
I agree that they should split it evenly.
Ryan,
I also think the war had a big part in this.
Part One:
ReplyDelete1)One issue is with the disput over the Kashmer land. The reason I think this is such a big deal is because its not only about land but about religion which means alot to people.
2)Another is the Indians support of East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) in their efforts to become independent from the reast of Pakistan. The reason I think this is such a big deal is because it shows that the Indias are willing to help break up their country.
3)Last India's treatment of the Muslim living in their counrty. If someone treats one of your own badly your not going to like them so why be nice to them.
Part Two:
I think that they should come up with a peace argeement that will benifit both counrties and make sure they are comfertable with the rules. Another thing I think they should do is leave the people in Kashmer alone. With two huge influences the people there don't know what to do and it just leads to violence.
Andrew,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you when you said that the two countries should some up with a peace treaty.
Portia,
ReplyDeleteI think you are right in saying that they should work on their own problems alone but sometimes things just get too out of hand.
PART ONE:
ReplyDeletea) The two different religions, Hinduism and Muslim - these two are significant because to religion is a personal living style and many people are judgmental of other religions that aren't there own.
b) The mistreatment of the muslim population- this is significant because a lot of the muslims,most likely, took it very personal because it was their own people.
c)Also I think that both countries are very competitive, which makes the border disputes a big conflict.
PART TWO
If I were a world leader, I would solve this problem by putting the two Muslim and Hindu leaders in the same room and have them figure it out for themselves. I wouldn't get involved too much because, I think the problem with the other attempted solutions was that people were getting too involved. But I think that having just the two leaders figuring it out for themselves, without guns or a war, just talking it could end in a effective solution.
PART THREE:
Kayana- I disagree with your solution. I think that if they would commit to a peace treaty things would be too pressured and I also think the consequences are a little to harsh.
Isiah- I disagree with your solution as the world leader. One of the two's countries greatest conflicts are with border disputes, and giving them another border conflict wouldn't be a effective solution.
Part 1:
ReplyDeleteI think the reasons of conflict is the division of India, fight over kashmir, and alliances with other country's.
Part 2:
If i were a world leader i would try to make peace between both India and Pakistan or if that didn't work split the land of kashmir equally.
Part 3:
I agree with Ryan, Andrew, and Meghan because all 3 of them agree that if they were world leaders they would try and peacefully work it out between the 2 countries.