http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9704/09/in.pak/map.lg.jpg
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/kashmir/front.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/355280.stm
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php? storyId=97629323
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php? storyId=97776680
Use CW#48-Jodhaa Akbar, Notes#44-India & Pakistan and the links above to get a deeper understanding of the sources of conflict between India and Pakistan. After doing some background research, complete ALL THREE parts of the Blog.
Part 1-In your opinion, what are the three most significant sources of conflict between India & Pakistan? Why do you think these three are most significant?
Part 2-. Imagine you a world leader who has remained neutral (you do not favor India's position or Pakistan's). How would you attempt to solve the conflicts that exist between India and Pakistan.
Remember you should propose a solution that you think both India and Pakistan would agree to.
Part 3-Respond to at least TWO of your classmates'. Explain why you agree or disagree with them.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There seems to be some issues with Blogger. If having trouble posting to the blog, please type your post and TWO responses into a Word document, print it out and bring it to class tomorrow. You may also email this information to me.
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Mr. Turrisi
Part 1
ReplyDeleteThe three most significant surces of conflict between India and Pakistan are
1. India is uneasy about growing relationship between U.S. and Pakistan in recent years.
2. Land and border disputes over the province of Kashmir, especially be religious extremists
3.Division of India into two separate countries.
I think these are the three most significant because it tellls me very well. Just by those threee sentences it gives me a clear understanding of what happened.
Part 2
If I was the world leader to solve the conflicts I would get more security to not let them over to the other country. Then I would make them talk and not just fight to win the country over.
Also, I would make the goverments talk and try to find a way to become friends and not keep fighting.
ReplyDeleteShannon M,
ReplyDeleteI also would get the countries ambassadors to get together and sit them down to talk because it is very important to find a way to make them friends.
Caroline F,
ReplyDeleteI also thought it was important that the problem with Kashmir caused all the fights because if they didnt happen then the two countries wouldn't be enemies.
part 1
ReplyDelete1.kashmir takes big part in one of the main sources of conflict.
2. India has not kept a strong relationship over a period of time with america.
3. The division of india in to seperate countries.
These three are significant because they all take part with conflict with india and pakistan.
part 2
I would combine india and pakistan into one country and let everyone practice their own religion.
Meghan, I would also hire security to watch and patrol the borders so the people do not cross the borders.
ReplyDeleteCaroline F, I also thought kashmir caused most of the conflict with india and pakistan.
ReplyDelete1) The Borders. Some people lived on the Border or on the other side and they were kicked out of there home because of their religion.
ReplyDelete2)India Doesn't want Pakistan being one of U.S allies. and Pakistan Doesn't want India to Be Allies with U.S.
3)Kashmir. Terrorists are trying to drive out India.
I would suggest them to sign a peace treaty and put there religion aside and just have peace.
I agree with John I think we should just combine India And Pakistan and just let them practice any religion.
ReplyDeleteI also agree with Megan I think they should have more security around the borders in case nobody tries to harm anyone if they sneak in.
ReplyDeleteconnor byrne
ReplyDeletepart 1
1)division of india into 2 countries
2)pakistan siding with bangladesh to gain freedom from india in civil war
3)pakistan being friends with usa
part 2
i would build a big wall along the border to keep conflict at the borders
part 3
i disagree with donnacha because pakistan could still send in terrorist to attack secretly
i disagree with john because they where once one single country with freedom of religion originaly but violence still started so it doesnt make sense