Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Period C- Islam

Instructions for the Islam Blog

1) What are the THREE most interesting, surprising, and/or shocking things you have learned about Islam?

2) What questions do you still have about Islam?

3) Respond to at least TWO of your classmates’ posts, commenting on what they found most interesting/surprising/shocking and/or answering the questions they posted. Only provide answers to your classmates’ questions when you are fairly confident you know the answer.

***You may use a bullet point list or paragraph format. Be sure to post complete thoughts.***

YOUR POST & 2 RESPONSES ARE DUE BY SUNDAY,JANUARY 9 AT MIDNIGHT
**This blog will count as your quiz grade for term 2**

30 comments:

  1. The three most interestings about islam are:
    1)women were often secluded at home and kept from social contacts with men outside their families.
    2)parents arrange marriages for their children.
    3)Every woman had a male guardian.
    Questions:
    1)Why do parents arrange marriages for their children?
    2)Why do muslims believe that there no god but allha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1)I was surprised to find that Women actually had more freedom in the past than now.
    2)I found interesting that Muslims must pray 5 times a day.
    3)I was shocked to find out that every Muslim had to try to make a pilgrimage to Mecca at least once during there lives.
    Questions
    1)What are the holy cities of Islam?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The three most important things I found interesting,shocking,or suprising about Islam were:
    1. women are treated badly
    2. there were not many holidays
    3.there were alot of islam holy books

    Question: Do Islam people have any special art or architecture?

    ReplyDelete
  5. G: They think of him when they pray in Mecca.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three things I found interesting about Mulims:
    1) Parents arrange marraiges
    2) Woman are always escorted by guardians.
    3) Woman are mostly kept at home

    Question I have re: Muslims:
    Do you think that the way they treat woman will ever change?

    Christian - Mecca is the holy city for Mulsims.
    G - I think parents arrange the marraiges so they know what kind of guy their daughter is marrying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THREE things I found interesting is:
    1:Woman are mostly kept at home
    2:there were not many holidays
    3:girls and woman r mostly kept at home

    ReplyDelete
  9. three things i found interesting about Islam:
    1. A lot of the violence in the Mid-East is caused by extremists and culture, not by Islam.
    2. Muhammed could not read and write, so he had to memorize Gabriel's sayings.
    3. Muslims are actually supposed to respect Christions and Jews.
    Questions: Why did Khadeeja marry Muhammed?
    Did Muhammed convert all of the countries he conquered to Islam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christian-The holy city of Islam is Mecca. It was the birthplace of Muhammad. The second holy city in Islam is Medina and the third is Jerusalem. They really have three holy cities instead of just one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angie-I think that Muslims will change the way they treat woman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. G: I don't think that only Muslims need to change, so does anyone who treats women the way the Middle Easterners (or at least some of them) treat women.

    ChristianK: there is only one Holy city of Islam, and that is Mecca.

    ReplyDelete
  13. INTRESTING FACT
    1)That Muslim boys stoped school when they learned to read and write.
    2)another shocking fact about islam is that women must weir veils covering their hair
    3)muslims are stricly encouraged to make pilgramage to mecca once in their life
    QUESTIONS
    1)con muslim boys stay in shcool longer?

    ReplyDelete
  14. brian b i think that its not the middle east extreamist or muslims that are the problem but the way that americans interprate the facts from the middle east and when americans use hyperbole.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Christian k the holy city for islam is mecca

    ReplyDelete
  16. 3 intresting things
    1) muslim women can only marry muslim men, but muslim men can marry christian or jewish women.
    2)Gabriel the angel appeared in judaism, christianity and islam.
    3)muslims believe jesus, moses, and abraham were all prophets

    do muslims believe in reincarnation?

    ReplyDelete
  17. christian K the holy capital of Islam is Mecca, and the political capital is Medina.

    ReplyDelete
  18. alex mac muslim boys stay in school until they learn to read and write, same with women

    ReplyDelete
  19. The 3 most interesting things about Islam are.....
    1)Muslims believe in one god:Allah which means surrender to God.
    2)Allah said that you should make a pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in your life. Also Muslims face towards Mecca while praying 5 times a day.
    3)Women have gotten acid thrown in their faces. They are not fairly treated.

    Questions-
    Will Muslims accept the fact that they should not treat Muslim women like that?

    Brian B- I guess because she liked him and if Muhammad could marry her she could do all of the work and Mohammad wouldn't have to.

    Jess M- I think they did have some art and architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  20. three most interesting/shocking/surprising things I learned about Islam:
    1. Muslims wear white to symbolize equality in the eyes of Allah when they complete their hajj (pilgrimage to the Kaaba, in the holy city of Mecca).
    2. The religion of Islam does not promote or support terrorism.
    3. There are multiple branches of Islam, not just one.

    Question(s):
    1. Why do Muslims not eat pork?

    Christian: The religious capital of Islam is Mecca,(Medina is the political capital of Islam.)
    Jess M.: Muslims adorn some buildings with arabic writing-they do have forms of art and architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 1. I think it is interesting that Muslims jave to pray five times a day, all facing the direction of Mecca.
    2. I think it is suprising that Muslims fast for a whole month.
    3. I think it is interesting how Muslims do not draw, paint, or make in any other way pictures of Muhammad or Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Questions:
    What is the percent of Muslims that are extremists or terrorists?

    Comments:
    Andrea- no Muslims do not believe in reincarnation.
    Jess- Muslims did calligraphy, which is the art of beautiful writing.
    G- Muslims probably believe that there is only one god for the same reason Jews and Christians do.

    ReplyDelete
  23. THREE things I found interesting is:
    1:Woman are mostly kept at home
    2:there were not many holidays
    3:boys stop school when they learn to read and write

    Q: i dont understand why they keep woman at home
    QA: Victoria the answer to your answer is Only 6 Percent of Terrorists are Muslim
    2

    ReplyDelete
  24. THREE things I found interesting is:
    1:Woman are mostly kept at home
    2:there were not many holidays
    3:boys stop school when they learn to read and write

    Q: i dont understand why they keep woman at home
    QA: Victoria the answer to your question is Only 6 Percent of Terrorists are Muslim
    2:angie i dnt think that they will change that becuse they think man are the hard worker in the house

    ReplyDelete
  25. The three most interesting things are;
    1. Muslims fast during the holy month of Ramadan
    2. Muslims also believe in only one god (Allah)
    3. Muslim women can only marry Muslim men but Muslim men can marry Christian or Jewish women.
    Two questions I have are;
    1. Are all extremists terrorists?
    2. Besideds Ramadan, what other holidays are there?

    Andrea- No, Muslims do not beliebve in reincarnation.
    Alex- I dont think so, they leave school when they can read and write.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Three things I found interesting were
    1. Muslims have to pray five times a day to their one god Allah
    2. Muslim women have to wear veils when they go out in public
    3.Their most important holiday is Ramadan in which they have to fast during the month of Ramadan
    Question:
    1. Do some Muslims still believe in the same rules from awhile ago and if they don't and they are suppose too do they get punished for it?

    Jacquelin- Some people do feel bad for the women and some people don't allow it but others don't and they still treat women badly.
    Jess- I think they do but it isn't that important to their culture.

    ReplyDelete
  27. three things i found interesting about Islam:
    1.Muslims do not believe in reincarnation.
    2.not many holidays
    3.6 Percent of Terrorists are Muslim
    Q~why do boys drop out of school when they learn how to read and write ....why not learn math or science?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Christian: the holyy city is mecca
    Angie: i do think the way they treat women will change because change happens everyday

    ReplyDelete
  29. Interesting things about islam

    1) NOt all Muslims hate America

    2)Muslims believe in one god like christians and Jews

    3)not all muslims are extremests, and take there religion to the extreme

    ReplyDelete
  30. Siobhan: I think the way they treat women will change, but not for a long time

    Alexmac: i think that there are terroists, but Americans do use Hyperbole

    ReplyDelete