Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Period G-Islam

Instructions for the Islam Blog

1) What are the THREE most interesting, surprising, and/or shocking things you have learned about Islam?

2) What questions do you still have about Islam?

3) Respond to at least TWO of your classmates’ posts, commenting on what they found most interesting/surprising/shocking and/or answering the questions they posted. Only provide answers to your classmates’ questions when you are fairly confident you know the answer.

***You may use a bullet point list or paragraph format. Be sure to post complete thoughts.***

YOUR POST & 2 RESPONSES ARE DUE BY SUNDAY,JANUARY 9 AT MIDNIGHT
**This blog will count as your quiz grade for term 2**

13 comments:

  1. - jklasdjfkla s

    - I found it most interesting that

    - ahdjkfshadkf

    Questions
    !) jkaldjf;ksdfkhsdkfhsdl;kfhklsdhfklas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three things i have found interesting about Islam are:
    1.There are 3 million muslims in the U.S.
    2.Mecca is the spiritual capital of Islam
    3.For all Muslims the Koran is the final authority in matters of faith and lifestyle

    Questions: What are the 5 teachings contained in the Koran?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three things i found interesting about Islam where:
    1.they have to complete their pilgramige to Mecca atleast once in their life.(Hajj)
    2.they follow the 5 pillars
    3.Muslims always face Mecca while they are praying

    Questions:
    1.what are some of the differences between the Sunni and Shi's Muslims
    2.why are the marketplaces called Bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  4. to Meghan.

    the five teachings in the Koran are:
    1.introduction
    2.Doctrine of one God
    3.alms to the poor
    4.wine and gambling
    5.paradise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan,

    Some differences between Sunni and Shi'a Muslims are Sunni muslims live in Indonesia, North Africa, and the Middle East and Shi’a Muslims live in Iran, Iraq, and Lebanon.
    Also, Shi’a has a caliph and it is a political and religious leader, also caliphs should be descendants of Muhammad through Ali, and 10% are Muslim and Sunni has a caliph leader, lives mostly in Saudi Arabia, followers of the way of Muhammad, and 85% are Muslim

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. I think it is interesting that there are more people who fear Islam since 9/11

    2. I found it shocking how many rules women have like how they have to cover their bodies

    3. I was surprised when i found out that many Muslims live in Indonesia; i thought they only lived in the Middle East

    Questions:
    - WHy aren't there any rules for men?

    ReplyDelete
  7. RyAN,
    I also found it interesting that MUslims face MeCca while praying

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julia,

    i agree it is shocking how there are many rules for women and non for the men.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meghan,
    I also thought it was interesting and i was actually shocked to find out that there 3 million Muslims in the U.S bacause i always thought there were a lot less

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia,

    I was also surprised that many muslims lived in Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. -I found it interesting that the eye for an eye and toth for a tooth is used strictly in muslim countries.
    -It was also interesting to know how many muslims live in Indonesia.
    -It was interesting to know that muslims marketplaces are called bazaars.
    Questions:
    Why arent there and strict rules on muslim males?

    ReplyDelete
  12. julia-
    I was also suprised how many muslims live in indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  13. ryan-
    I also wondered why muslim marketplaces are called bazaars.

    ReplyDelete